Thursday, December 24, 2009

Trading Price Action Using Your Intuition

Trading Price Action is truly a game of “gut feel” ” trading strategy” and “price action charts”

The market is one giant poker game, and not only do you need a good
knowledge of the game itself, one must learn to read the emotion of all the
players at the poker table.

As a price action forex trader, I can only offer my personal trading insights and the things I have picked up
over the years that have helped me with trading strategies and my general approach to reading charts..

I can not give you all of the “gut feel” qualities which is a larger part of the ingredient to long term success, this market intuition and emotional element will only come with learning and trading experience. Nobody will want to tell you this though.
I am here to tell you that no matter what trading strategy you learn, it will require screen time, patience and absolute discipline to trade it successfully.

There are 2 levels to be aware of.
1. Part of trading is the strategy
2. Part of trading is the emotional element, and the ability to read the market with “good intuition and feel”.

There is no mechanical approach that I am aware of that makes money long
term, all methods I trade and that others trade that I know of, use a basic
“rule set”, and basic “trading plan condition” to then use pull the trigger on price action related setups etc.

For example, a trading plan may look like the following…

One might have 3 pre conditions,

1. The chart shows a trend within the last 10 days, price has formed a 1 2 3
reversal higher, and is trading near its recent high.
2. The market has pulled back to a support point
3. The market has now formed a “price action signal” condition to confirm a
reversal which may become the entry point.

These may be criteria in a trading plan, but how do we truly filter this,
and say ” ok I will trade this setup, but I wont trade this one, because
of…etc etc.”

As I say to all my students honestly, the greatest traders are in fact, people that can
have a trading plan conditional element, but then use what I call the “gut
feel element” and the “internal emotional filter’, or put simply, they use market experience and screen time to help make quick on the spot trigger decisions.

Thats just a qucik article on the “emotional element” in trading price aciton, and indeed all trading methods, no matter what the educators say, there is always a degree of intuition and awareness that is taking place in our trading, and its time to learn to harness it correctly

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

tO hAVe FuN wiTH mY liFe aND aLsO wAnT mY loVED oNeS tO hAVE tHE SaME tOO. :) bUt iN rEAL LiFe tHaT sHouLd bE sOOn.